IGDA Chapter Meeting
Wednesday, May 1 on Skype
4:00 PM Pacific time / 7:00 PM Eastern time
All AIO GAD&MAA students are welcome, even if you have not yet joined the IGDA!
You can call in two ways:
1) Call from any land line or mobile phone to 412.927.0294
2) Call me directly through Skype (sara.wade.ai)
Once you call/Skype in I’ll add you to the group call.
• What do we want to accomplish as a chapter?
• Upcoming project ideas: Possible game competitions, etc.
• Speakers – is there interest in coordinating a speaker interview session?
• Officers – What officers do we need and how will we get them?
• Blog – what kind of content would you like to see? Want to write for it?
I hope to talk to you all then!
In a word: frustrating.
Here’s a great article on the ups and downs of working in a producer role: http://www.postudios.com/blog/?p=2854
Looking for a reason to get off your butt and join us?
Here are our top ten:
- International Game Developers Association looks awesome on your resume!
- Opportunities to hold leadership positions within the chapter
- Access to industry events as well as discounts to events like GDC
- Opportunities to work on club game development projects
- IGDA scholarship possibilities for E3 and GDC
- Job leads and career path help from student and faculty members
- Networking with other GAD students and gaming professionals
- A chance to advocate on issues that affect the developer community
- National IGDA Perspectives Newsletter
- For students of Art Institute it costs only $10!
Email email@example.com or check your classroom announcements for instructions.
What are the four Fs of game design? Fun, Fairness, Feedback and Feasibility or Fail Faster and Follow the Fun? Take a look at this article for an interesting take on the subject: The Four Fs of Game Design